Faith Bible Fellowship Church Youth Group in Big Lake, AK is having a 7 week Bible study series titled Let God Write Your Story on September 11th, 2019.
Anyone in grades 7-12 is welcome, parents/guardians are always welcome to join us as well. If you are interested in helping as a leader, small group helper or even help with setup please contact the church office at (907) 892-8545, or Mandy or Lane at 841-1311. You can also leave a message or question using our “Contact Us” web form HERE.
Why do we join in fellowship? Because we were created for relationships….
- a relationship with the Creator who designed us to know and love Him,
- a relationship with His Son who gave His life to buy us back from eternal slavery,
- a relationship with the Holy Spirit who reveals truth and opens the eyes of our hearts,
- a relationship with the Body of Christ, as a valuable, critical member,
- a relationship with close friends who will sharpen us and spur us on in our Race,
- a relationship with a world that needs to know who they were created to be, and
- a relationship with those with whom we share our love, encouragement, support and even painful truth!
What is this Youth Group series about?
Fixing our eyes upon Jesus, the author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him, endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of GodHebrews 12: 2 (NASB)
Through the personal testimony of Steve Saint, (missionary kid, pilot, inventor, quadriplegic and interactive Bible study of related passages:
- see the results of a life focused of Christ and eternity,
- see the hand of God working from his earliest days to author a firm and robust faith in his life that continues to bear fruit for God’s kingdom,
- see the sovereignty of God at work in suffering,
- see the joy and fruitfulness of developing and using the unique gifts God has given,
- understand the importance of understanding and relating to the culture of those we love and want to share the Gospel with,
- see the thrilling adventure that a life surrendered to Christ can involve,
- see the heart-breaking, gut-wrenching impacts of sin in this world,
- see the devastating reality of the eternal destination of those who do not receive Christ’s payment and forgiveness,
- see that only by understanding and embracing the Gospel personally are we able to forgive,
- allow the power of narrative to penetrate past the callouses of young people who have heard it all before,
- allow the transforming power of the Holy Spirit to be displayed through a godly man’s example,
- allow those who are ready for an adventurous, worthwhile future to consider how God could be calling them,
- cultivate in our youth a confidence in God’s goodness and our lack of ability to write the story that He desires to tell about Himself with our lives. Cultivate a desire to surrender our lives, gifts, dreams, and future to the only One who has the ability to perfect our faith and author a story worth living!
For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ.Philippians 1: 6
We meet on Wednesday nights at 6:30 pm at Faith Bible Fellowship Church in Big Lake for games, snacks, worship, fellowship, a lesson and small group interactive Bible study. We also meet for fun events and service projects throughout the year.